Transcript of the description for Cattistock from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

Cattistock is a parish and large village, situated on a feeder of the river Frome, 9 miles north-west from Dorchester and 1 mile north from Maiden Newton station on the Great Western railway, in the Western division of the county, hundred, petty sessional division and union of Cerne, Dorchester county court district, rural deanery of Bridport Abbotsbury portion, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury.