Transcript of the description for Burstock from Kelly's Directory of Dorset, 1889

Burstock (with the hamlet of Hursey) is a parish and village, 4 miles north-west from Beaminster, 5 south from Crewkerne station on the London and South Western railway, and 8 north-west from Bridport, in the Western division of the county, hundred of Whitchurch, Bridport petty sessional division and county court district, Beaminster union, rural deanery of Bridport Beaminster portion, archdeaconry of Dorset and diocese of Salisbury.