Warleggan, a parish in Cornwall, 3 miles N by W of Doublebois station on the G.W.R., and 5¼ ENE of Bodmin. Post town, Bodmin. Acreage, 2163; population, 206. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; gross value, £155 with residence. The church is an ancient building of stone in the Perpendicular style. There are Wesleyan and Bible Christian chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Warleggon St. Bartholomew|
|Poor Law union||Bodmin|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Warleggan from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Warleggon (St. Bartholomew))
Online maps of Warleggan are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.