Treverbyn, Cornwall

Historical Description

Treverbyn, a chapelry in St Austell parish, Cornwall, near St Austell station on the G.W.R. It was constituted in 1846. Post town, St Austell. Population of the ecclesiastical district, 2867. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; gross value, £157. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is a building of stone in the Decorated style. Carthew and Carnrosemary are hamlets near the village, and have Methodist, Bible Christian, and Wesleyan chapels, also a working men's institute.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.