Tresmeer, a parish in Cornwall, with a station on the L. & S.W.R., 232 miles from London. Post town, Egloskerry (R.S.O.) Acreage, 1374; population, 184. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; gross value, £142 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1880, with the exception of the tower. There is a Bible Christian chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Tresmeer St. Nicholas|
|Poor Law union||Launceston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Tresmeer from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Tresmeer (St. Nicholas))
Online maps of Tresmeer are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.