Treleigh, Cornwall

Historical Description

Treleigh, a chapelry in Redruth parish, Cornwall, near Redruth station on the G.W.R. It was constituted in 1852, and its post town is Redruth. Population, 1869. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; gross value, £265 with residence. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in mining.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Cornwall
Civil parish Redruth
Hundred Penwith
Poor Law union Redruth

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Treleigh from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Treleigh are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.

CountyCornwall
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtTR16
Post TownRedruth