Temple, Cornwall

Historical Description

Temple, a parish in Cornwall, 5 miles from Bodmin station on the G.W.R. Post town, Bodmin. Acreage, 822; population, 51. The manor belonged to the Knights Templars. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; net value, £28. The church is a small building of granite in the Early English style. There is a Bible Christian chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Cornwall
Hundred Trigg
Poor Law union Bodmin

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Temple from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Temple are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.

CountyCornwall
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtPL30
Post TownBodmin