St Teath, Cornwall
Teath, St, a parish in Cornwall, 3 miles SW of Camelford station on the L. & S.W.R. It has a post and money order office under Camelford; telegraph office, Camelford. Acreage, 5905; population, 1703. There are two annual fairs. Nearly half of the property belongs to the Fortescue family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; net value, £160 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Truro. The church is of the time of Henry VII. and good; it has been well restored, and contains some handsome monuments. A large Celtic cross, 15 feet high, stands in the churchyard. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Governor Bligh, of the Bounty, was a native.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Camelford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for St Teath from the following:
Online maps of St Teath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.