St Pinnock, Cornwall
Pinnock, St, a parish in Cornwall, half a mile from Doublebois station on the G.W.R. Post town, Liskeard; money order office, Dobbwalls; telegraph office, Doublebois railway station. Acreage, 3488; population of the civil parish, 433; of the ecclesiastical, 383. There are several tumuli in the parish, and excellent building stone is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; gross value, £260 with residence. The church is very ancient, and has a tower. It was thoroughly restored in 1882. There are Bible Christian and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Liskeard|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for St Pinnock from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Pinnock, St.)
Online maps of St Pinnock are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.