St Ive, Cornwall
Ive, St, a parish in Cornwall, on the river Lynher, 4 miles SW of Callington, and 5 NE of Liskeard station on the G.W.R. It has a post office under Liskeard; money order office, Pensilva; telegraph office, Liskeard. Acreage, 5899; population, 1716. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; net value, £180 with residence. Patron, the Crown. The church has a fine chancel and N transept of the 14th century, with a piscina in each; good sedilia, S aisle with piscina and massive granite towers, both of the 15th century. There are several memorials of Queen Elizabeth's time to the Wrey family, now of Tawstock, North Devon, who are lords of the manor here. The building was thoroughly restored in 1883-84. There are a number of dissenting chapels and several charities.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Liskeard|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
We have transcribed the following census returns for St. Ive:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for St Ive from the following:
Online maps of St Ive are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.