St Erme, Cornwall

Historical Description

Erme, St, a parish in Cornwall, 3½ miles NNE of Truro station on the G.W.R. Post town, Truro. Acreage, 4552; population, 462. Barrows occur on the hills. An extensive mine, which employed many of the inhabitants, was once worked, but has been stopped for many years. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; net value, £370. The church was rebuilt in 1820.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Cornwall
Hundred Powder
Poor Law union Truro

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for St Erme from the following:


Maps

Online maps of St Erme are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.

CountyCornwall
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtTR4
Post TownTruro