St Enoder, Cornwall
Enoder, St, a village and a parish in Cornwall. The village stands 4¼ miles SSW of St Columb Major, and 2¼ from St Columb Road station on the Newquay branch of the G.W.R. The parish includes also part of the ancient borough of Mit-cliell. It has a post and money order office under Liddicoat; telegraph office, Grampouud Road. Acreage, 7275; population, 1114. The surface is somewhat flat. The rocks include granite and porphyry, with tin and copper ores. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; value, e£320. Patron, the Bishop of Truro. The church has a pinnacled tower and a Norman font. It was well restored in 1870. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||St. Columb Major|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for St Enoder from the following:
Online maps of St Enoder are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.