Penwerris, Cornwall

Historical Description

Penwerris, an ecclesiastical parish formed out of Budock parish, Cornwall, and adjoining Falmouth. It was constituted in 1848, and its post town is Falmouth. Population, 1017. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; value, £251 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of St Gluvias. The church is a plain rectangular building of stone.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.