Mount Hawke, Cornwall
Mount Hawke, an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1846 out of the parishes of St Agnes and Illogan, Cornwall, near the coast, 2½ miles N by W of Scorrier Gate station on the G.W.R., and 4½ NNE of Redruth. It was constituted in 1846, and it has a post office under Scorrier; money order and, telegraph office, Scorrier. Population, 1339. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Truro; value, £195 with residence. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church, built in 1878, is a stone building in the Perpendicular style. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Online maps of Mount Hawke are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.