Little Petherick, Cornwall
Petherick, Little (more properly called Petrock Union), a parish in Cornwall, on a creek of the Camel estuary, 3 miles S of Padstow, and 5 from Wadebridge station on the G.W.R. Acreage, 1224; population of the civil parish, 178 , of the ecclesiastical, 939. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; gross value, £300 with residence. The church is ancient, has been restored, has an ivy-clad tower,. and contains a few brasses.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Little Petherick St. Petrock|
|Poor Law union||St. Columb Major|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Little Petherick from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Petherick, Little (St. Petrock))
Online maps of Little Petherick are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.