Lannarth or Lanner, a village and an ecclesiastical district, formed out of Gwennap parish, Cornwall. The village stands 1½ mile SE of Redruth station on the G.W.R., and 8 miles from Falmouth, and has a post office, of the name of Lanner, under Redruth; money order and telegraph office, Bedruth. Population of the ecclesiastical district, 2055. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro and deanery of Carnmarth; gross value, £180 with residence. The church is a small building of stone, and was restored in 1883. There are Bible Christian, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan chapels. Carnmarth Hill is in the parish, and gives its name to the deanery. It contains a granite quarry.
Online maps of Lanner are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.