Lanherne, a quondam manor house, now a nunnery, in St Mawgan parish, Cornwall, S½ miles NE of St Columb Major. The place belonged anciently to the Pincerna family, passed in 1231 to the Arundells of Cornwall, went in 1700 to Lord Arundell of Wardour, was given in 1794 to refugee Carmelite nuns from Antwerp, and is now occupied by a prioress and about twenty nuns. One part of the house is very ancient, and another was built in 1706. The present chapel was built in 1878. The centenary of the establishment of the community was celebrated in 1894. The cemetery contains an ancient sculptured cross, which was brought from the parish of Gwinear, and the gardens are enclosed by high walls.
Online maps of Lanherne are available from a number of sites: