Landulph or Landilip, a parish, with a village, in Cornwall, on the river Tamar, at the boundary with Devonshire, opposite the influx of the Tavy, 2 miles N of Saltash station on the G.WE. Post town, Hatt; money order and telegraph office, Saltash. Acreage, 2203 of land and 484 of water and foreshore; population, 441. A considerable extent of marsh land has been reclaimed. A mineral spring, formerly in much repute, is near the village, and a small port is at C; ir-green. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; value, , £240 with residence. Patron, the Prince of Wales. The church is ancient, has a lofty embattled tower, and contains the tomb of Theodore Palaaologus, a descendant of the Com-neni, emperors of Constantinople. There are Wesleyan, Baptist, and Bible Christian chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Landulph St. Dilpe|
|Poor Law union||St. Germans|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Landulph from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Landulph (St. Dilpe))
Online maps of Landulph are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.