Lamorran, Cornwall

Historical Description

Lamorran, a parish in Cornwall, on a creek of its own name, in the upper part of the estuary of the Fal, 4½ miles SE of Trnro station on the G.W.R. Post town, Probus. Acreage, 1263; population, 64. Viscount Falmouth is lord of the manor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Truro; gross value, £160 with residence. Patron, Viscount Falmouth. The church was rebuilt by the Earl of Falmouth in 1845. It has two handsome stained glass windows. The old church then replaced was consecrated in 1261. An ancient granite cross is near the church.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient County Cornwall
Ecclesiastical parish Lamorran St. Moran
Hundred Powder
Poor Law union Truro

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Lamorran from the following:


Maps

Online maps of Lamorran are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:


Visitations Heraldic

We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.

CountyCornwall
RegionSouth West
CountryEngland
Postal districtTR2
Post TownTruro