Gunnislake, a small village in Calstock parish, Cornwall, with a post, money order, and telegraph office. The Tamar and Rit Hill Granite Company have extensive quarries here, and the stone is of a very fine quality. There is a small weekly market. There are Wesleyan Methodist and Bible Christian chapels.
Online maps of Gunnislake are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.