Chasewater or Chacewater, a village in Kenwyn parish, and a chapelry in Kenwyn and Kea parishes, Cornwall. It has a station on the G.W.R., 305 miles from London, and 4 from Redruth. It is inhabited chiefly by miners, and has a fair on 24 June, and a weekly market on Saturdays. It has-a post office under Scorrier (R.S.O.) The chapelry was constituted in 1837. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; value, £280 with residence. There are Congregational and Baptist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Truro|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Chacewater from the following:
Online maps of Chacewater are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.