Bolventor, a chapelry in Alternon and St. Neot parishes, Cornwall, 10 miles from Bodmin station on the G.W.R. Launceston is the post town; money order office, Northe Hill; telegraph office, Bodmin. Population, 327. It was constituted in 1849. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Truro; net value, £96 with residence. The church is very good.
Online maps of Bolventor are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cornwall papers online:
- Royal Cornwall Gazette
- West Briton and Cornwall Advertiser
- Lake's Falmouth Packet and Cornwall Advertiser
We have a copy of The Visitations of Cornwall, by Lieut.-Col. J.L. Vivian online.