Ponds Bridge, Cambridgeshire
Ponds Bridge, an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1866 from portions of the parishes of Stanground and Ramsey in Hunts and Whittlesea in Cambridgeshire, 3 miles NW from St Mary's station on the Holme and Ramsey branch of the G.N.R., and 6 SE from Peterborough. Post town, Ramsey; money order and telegraph office, Whittlesea. Population in Hunts, 232; in Cambridge, 391. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ely; net value, £144 with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Ely. The church, erected in 1866, is an edifice of stone in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, S transept, and bell-turret.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Cambridgeshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Cambridgeshire papers online:
- Cambridge Independent Press
- Cambridge Chronicle and Journal
- Huntingdon, Bedford & Peterborough Gazette
The Visitations of Cambridgeshire 1575 and 1619 is available online.