St. Bartholomew, Aldsworth, Gloucestershire
The church of St. Bartholomew, anciently dedicated to St. Peter, is a small building of stone in the Transitional and Decorated styles with modern additions, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of three bays, aisle, north and south porches and a western tower with spire, containing 3 bells: the aisle is embattled and enriched with Decorated work, and has two handsome niches, with crocketed finials: the arcade belongs to the Norman Transition period, the rest of the building being debased Perpendicular; a stoup still remains in the north porch: the communion plate consists of a chalice and paten of Queen Anne's reign: the church was restored in 1877, when the chancel was new-roofed, and a memorial east window inserted to Lawrence Smith and his sisters: there are sittings for 224 persons. The churchyard was enlarged in 1911.
This church has a graveyard.
The parish register dates from the year 1682.