St. Stephen, Baughurst, Hampshire
Description
The old church, an ancient Norman structure, partly fell down in 1845: the present church of St. Stephen is a building of flint and stone, erected on the same site, and in part, of the old materials, in the Early English style: it consists of chancel, nave, south porch and a spire on the south side of the nave, 100 feet high and containing 5 bells, re-hung in 1905: the roof is of oak and finely ribbed: the interior has an oak screen, the gift to the former church of Archbishop Warham: in the church are several stained windows: the church was repaired in 1885. at a cost of about £400: there are 250 sittings.
Church Records
The register, including Inhurst, dates from the year 1678.
