St. Michael, Aldershot, Hampshire
The parish church of St. Michael is an ancient edifice of brick in the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave of five bays, north aisle, south porch and embattled western tower containing 6 bells, 3 of which were added in 1910: in the chancel are tablets to the Tichborne family, once lords of the manor and owners of lands in this parish, and memorial windows placed in 1886 to the late Capt. G. Newcome, in 1896 to the Rev. H. J. West, vicar 1873-93, and in 1897 to the late Major H. G. Newcome: the church was restored and some stained windows erected during the period 1873-91, at a cost of £1,600: in 1910 the chancel, nave and north aisle were pulled down and rebuilt: there are now 600 sittings.
The register of St. Michael's dates from the year 1571.