St. Margaret, Streatley, Bedfordshire
The church of St. Margaret is an ancient fabric in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles and a western embattled tower containing 2 bells: the font is Early English, consisting of an octagonal basin with richly work sides, supported on a solid stone with four attached shafts, between which are spaces filled in with toothed ornament; there are some good benches panelled with the linen pattern: the church was reseated in 1896 and in 1899 the old chancel was taken down and a new one erected at the cost of the trustees of the late Sir Edward B. Page-Turner, 6th and last bart. (d. 1874) and Hugh Smyth and George Townsend Benison esqrs. as joint owners of the great tithes, and affords sittings for 260 persons.
The parish register dates from the year 1693.