St. George, Edworth, Bedfordshire
Description
The church of St. George is a small building of stone, in the Decorated and Perpendicular styles, consisting of chancel, nave, north and south transepts, north and south porches, and an embattled western tower containing 3 bells: there are two ancient stained windows in good preservation and in the chancel is a memorial window to members of the Smyth family : the church was restored in 1876, at a cost of £800, and again in 1909 at a cost of £466: there are 120 sittings.
Church Records
The parish register dates from the year 1552.
