UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Peter, Portisham, Dorset

Description

The church of St. Peter is an ancient building of stone in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower containing a clock and 3 bells: the church was restored in 1874, and affords 430 sittings.

Church Records

The parish register dates from the year 1507. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).

thumbnail image

St. Peter
Portisham
Dorset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Salisbury
Sittings:430
Graveyard:Yes