St. Mary, Nether Broughton, Leicestershire
The church of St. Mary is a building of stone in the Gothic style of the 14th century, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of three bays, aisles and an embattled tower with pinnacles, containing 3 bells, two of which are dated respectively 1613 and 1766; the bells were rehung and one recast in 1882: the interior was restored in 1848, and in 1881 the windows throughout the church were renovated, principally at the expense of P. P. Bouverie esq. and the Rev. Philip Deedes, rector 1875-81: in 1882 the tower was partially restored: in 1892 a new organ was provided, the church refloored and the interior thoroughly repaired: the foundations and fabric of the chancel were repaired, and a new buttress to the north aisle built in 1896: in 1903 the north aisle was rebuilt and the south aisle underpinned: in 1927 the roof and flooring were repaired: there are 240 sittings: the churchyard, enlarged in 1887 and 1925 by the addition of portions of the glebe, given by the rectors, has been inclosed, the expense being defrayed by the parishioners.
The parish register dates from the year 1559.