Christ Church, Coalville, Leicestershire
Christ Church, built in 1836, and consecrated in August, 1840, is an edifice of stone in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, transepts, vestry and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles, containing one bell: there is a memorial window to the Rev. Thomas Webb Minton M.A. vicar of Darlington and a former patron: the east window is a memorial to the Rev. William Gardner, a former vicar, his wife and daughter: the church was repaired in 1854, a vestry built and a new pulpit erected: in 1895 the chancel was rebuilt on a larger scale, the interior of the church restored and the organ enlarged, at a total cost of £2,000: there are 400 sittings.
The parish register dates from the year 1840.