UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

The Holy Trinity, Teigh, Rutland

Description

The church of the Holy Trinity is a plain but ancient building, now consisting only of an embattled nave and an embattled western tower, with pinnacles containing 3 bells: a part of the east end of the nave is railed off so as to form a quasi-chancel and on the rail there is a curious carved wooden font, supported on a brass bracket: the stone font was carved by a former rector: the pulpit of carved oak is, with its canopy, affixed to the west wall of the tower facing eastwards, the western entrance to the church being underneath it, and on either side, at a lower level, are the reading and clerk's desks: the ceiling is panelled and displays the arms of the Harborough family and other coats: the church was partly rebuilt in 1782 and was restored in 1911 at a cost of about £350: the seats, arranged in tiers, facing inwards on either side of the nave, afford 126 sittings.

Church Records

The parish register dates from the year 1573.

The Holy Trinity
Teigh
Rutland

Denomination:Church of England
Sittings:126
Graveyard:Yes