UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

Holy Trinity, Bradpole, Dorset

Description

The parish church of the Holy Trinity, rebuilt in 1845-6, is an edifice of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle, south porch, and a tower with spire containing 8 bells: the carved stone pulpit was given by Alexander M. Broadley esq. in 1888: all the windows are stained and include two erected as memorials to the late Canon Broadley, vicar 1844-94: there are brasses to the late Mrs. Broadley and W.A. Hart esq. M.V.O.: the vestry was built in 1897, from the designs by Mr C.E. Ponting F.S.A. to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the accession of Her late Majesty Queen Victoria, and in the same year a wrought iron and bronze chancel screen was erected, and the chancel arch and chancel decorated with mural paintings, executed at a total cost of £1,400, defrayed by A.M. Broadley esq.

Church Records

The parish register of baptisms, marriages and burials begins in 1695. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by Ancestry.co.uk and made available on their site (subscription required).

The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at Bradpole, 1695-1812 is online.

Holy Trinity
Bradpole
Dorset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Salisbury
Built:1846
Graveyard:Yes