UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St. Mary, Blandford St Mary, Dorset


The parish church of St Mary, a building of flint and stone in the Mixed style, consists of chancel, nave of three bays, aisles, north transept, south porch and an embattled western tower containing 3 bells: there are several stained windows: the church was repaired, reseated, a north aisle and vestry erected and an east window inserted in 1862, and the chancel was restored in 1886: in 1909 a new organ chamber and organ were presented, and in 1911 new altar rails were given in memory of Mrs A.C. Woodhouse: the altar panelling was provided in memory of the Rev. W. Chambers M.A. rector 1881-1907: there are 200 sittings.

Church Records

The parish register of baptisms, marriages and burials begins in 1581. The original register books are now deposited with the Dorset Archives Service, but have been digitised by and made available on their site (subscription required).

St. Mary
Blandford St Mary

Denomination:Church of England