UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Peter, Ashford, Devon

Description

The parish church of St. Peter is an edifice of stone in the Early Decorated style, rebuilt in 1854 at a cost exceeding £500, and consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle, north transept and a small tower with spire on the north side containing 2 bells of early date: the chancel retains the ancient piscina, and the east and south windows are stained: the whole of the woodwork of the church and vestry, including the communion table, pulpit and pews, are of ancient carved oak and in good preservation: there are 150 sittings.

St.St.

Church Records

The parish register dates from the year 1700.

Findmypast, in association with the South West Heritage Trust, Parochial Church Council, and Devon Family History Society have the Baptisms, Banns, Marriages, and Burials online for Ashford

thumbnail image

St. Peter
Ashford
Devon

Denomination:Church of England
Sittings:150
Graveyard:Yes