UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Stephen, Windsor, Berkshire

Description

Clewer St. Stephen is an ecclesiastical parish, formed Oct. 18th, 1872, from the parish of Clewer. The church, in Vansittart road, was erected in 1873-4, at a cost of £6,327, and consecrated in 1874 and is an edifice of white brick with stone dressings, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, clerestoried nave of six bays, low side aisles and a central crocketed flàche, containing one bell: many of the windows are stained and there is a fine reredos: the church was enlarged and a chapel added in 1897, in commemoration of the Diamond Jubilee of Queen Victoria, and a porch built in 1905: there are 700 sittings.

Church Records

The register of St. Stephen's dates from the year 1873.

St. Stephen
Vansittart Road
Windsor
Berkshire

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Oxford
Built:1873-4
Sittings:700