UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. Michael (new), Sulhamstead Bannister, Berkshire

Description

The new church of St. Michael, erected in 1913-14 at a cost of £3,130, was an edifice of flint with stone dressings, in a transitional style between Early English and Decorated, consisting of nave of four bays with south porch, chancel of two bays and turret for 2 bells: there were five stained memorial windows: there were 156 sittings, and the church closed in 1966. The parishioners have the right of marriage in Sulhamstead-Abbots church, and burial in its churchyard.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1654, but there are earlier transcripts in the Diocesan Registry at Salisbury.

St. Michael (new)
Sulhamstead Bannister
Berkshire

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Oxford
Built:1913-4
Closed:1966
Sittings:156