St. James, Sotwell, Berkshire
The church of St. James, erected in the year 1884, on the site of the old church, is a building of stone, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and a western belfry, with shingled spire, containing one bell: several fragments of an earlier structure were found among the rubble of which the late church was built, including the greater portion of an Early window and the stones of a doorway, now built into the north wall: there is a memorial window to Mr. and Mrs. Roberts, erected in 1884, and one to the Rev. John Langley M.A. rector of St. Mary's and St. Leonard's, Wallingford, from 1829: the east window is a memorial to the Rev. James Haldane Stewart: there are about 100 sittings.
The register dates from the year 1684.