St. Mary Magdalene, Shippon, Berkshire
The church of St. Mary Magdalene is a building of stone in the Decorated style, from designs by the late Sir G. Gilbert Scott R.A.: it was consecrated December, 1855, and consists of chancel, nave, north porch and a western turret with crocheted spire containing one bell: there are 183 sittings. In the churchyard, at the east end, is an altar tomb with open arcading, to the Rev. William Alder Strange D.D. first Boden Sanscrit scholar at Oxford University, head master of Abingdon school, 1840-68, and sometime vicar of Bishop Middleham, Durham, d. 17 April, 1874.
The register dates from the year 1855.