UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. James the Less, Pangbourne, Berkshire

Description

The church of St. James the Less is an edifice of flint and stone in the Decorated style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle, south porch and an embattled western tower containing a clock and 6 bells: in the church is a curious monument with effigy to Sir John Davis, ob. 1625, who was knighted at the taking of Cales, in Spain: the pulpit is a beautiful specimen of carved oak in the Arabesque style; there are 300 sittings.

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1556.

St. James the Less
Pangbourne
Berkshire

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Oxford
Sittings:300
Graveyard:Yes