UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

St. Luke's, Maidenhead, Berkshire

Description

St. Luke's is an ecclesiastical parish formed March 1, 1867 entirely out of Cookham parish; the church is a building of freestone, in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave of six bays, aisles, south porch and a tower at the south-east angle, 80 feet in height, with spire, and containing a clock and 2 bells: the spire was added in 1894 at a cost of about £1,500, and the total height is now about 150 feet; the reredos was the gift of the Rev. G. H. Hodson M.A., vicar of Enfield; the carved choir stalls were presented in 1902 by the parishioners and other friends as a memorial to the late Miss Meara; in 1910 a wrought iron chancel screen was presented by the then vicar; there are a number of memorial windows, including the west window, a memorial to the late Dr. Goolden: the church was enlarged in 1869 and is capable of seating 850 persons.

Church Records

The register of St. Luke's dates from the year 1866.

St. Luke's
Maidenhead
Berkshire

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Oxford
Sittings:850
Graveyard:Yes