All Saints, West Ilsley, Berkshire
The church of All Saints is an ancient fabric of flint with stone facings, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle, north porch and a western turret containing one bell; the north aisle was added in 1876; on the south side of the chancel is a marble slab inscribed to John Head, of Hodcott, d. 1803; and there is a tablet to John Head, d. 1746, and his wife, d. 1756; there are other memorials to William Morland, d. 1838; Margaret, wife of Thomas Gale, d. February 7th, 1784; and a brass to Marianne Morland, d. April 10th, 1877, to whose memory the stained east window was also erected; and in the nave is a memorial window to George Norland esq. placed by Lord and Lady Wantage in 1879: on the north side of the chancel is a brass recording the opening of a new north aisle August 9th, 1876; and of the chancel July 20th, 1878 (when a dedication stone was laid by H.R.H. Princess Christian of Schleswig-Holstein); the restoration of the church, completed in 1881, was carried out under the superintendence of Mr. Edwin Dolby, architect, of Abingdon; in 1894 the chancel was partially restored and re-floored; the south aisle has also been re-floored, at a total cost of about £100: there are now sittings for 230 persons; on the north side of the churchyard is a memorial to Thomas Wise, for many years verger of St. George's chapel, in Windsor Castle, who died 5th April, 1880, and a tomb of granite, inscribed to George Bowes Morland, of Abingdon, d. June 1, 1878.
The register dates from the year 1558.