UK Genealogy Archives logo

Holy Trinity, West Hendred, Berkshire

Description

The church of Holy Trinity is a very ancient building, some portions of which are of Norman date; it consists of chancel, restored in 1881, nave of three bays, aisles, south porch and a western tower containing 6 bells; the font is octagonal and bears date 1630; there are two stained windows to the Reeves family and some fine and ancient oak fittings: the church has 150 sittings.

Church Records

The registers date from the year 1578, and contain several instances of collections made for the Protestants in Poland and elsewhere, for the redemption of captives taken by the Turks, and for the sufferers by the Great Fire of London in 1666.

The Phillimore transcript of Marriages at West Hendred 1558-1837, Berkshire is available to browse online.

Holy Trinity
West Hendred
Berkshire

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Oxford
Sittings:150
Graveyard:Yes