St. John the Baptist, Cookham, Berkshire
The church of St. John the Baptist, consecrated in 1845, is an edifice of flint with stone dressings, in the Early Decorated style of the 13th century, and consists of chancel, nave of four bays, south aisle, south porch, organ chamber and a small turret containing one bell: nearly all the windows are stained, one being a memorial presented in 1893 by John Philip Weatherby esq. in memory of his late wife: in 1892 a new vestry was built by subscription at a cost of about £200. and in 1894 the interior of the church was restored and re-fitted at a cost of about £140, in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the laying of the foundation stone: in 1898 the interior was re-decorated and the pulpit restored: there are 300 sittings.
The register of St. John the Baptist dates from the year 1846.