UK Genealogy Archives logo

The Holy Trinity, Cookham, Berkshire


The church of the Holy Trinity is an ancient building of chalk, sandstone and flint, chiefly in the Early English style, with some portions of Norman date, and consists of chancel, nave of four bays, aisles, south porch and an embattled western tower of massive proportions, with a turret and containing a clock, 6 bells and a sanctus bell: the north aisle formerly consisted of two chapels, dedicated respectively to S. Catherine, and (east of this) to Our Lady: the south aisle terminated in a chapel dedicated to S. Clement: most of the windows are stained: the church was restored in 1860, and affords 600 sittings.

Church Records

The register of Holy Trinity dates from the year 1662, the fourteenth of Charles II.

The Holy Trinity

Denomination:Church of England