All Saints, Coleshill, Berkshire
Description
The church of All Saints is a fine and ancient edifice of stone, of the Early English period, with inserted Perpendicular windows, and consists of chancel, nave of one bay, north aisle, south transept and an embattled western tower with pinnacles and containing 5 bells, dated 1708: the south transept was originally a chapel built in the latter part of the 15th century, by Thomas Pleydell esq. an ancestor of the present patron, who died in 1527: the stained east window, filled with glass brought from Angers, was presented by Jacob, 2nd Earl of Radnor, in 1787; and there are four other stained windows: there is a small but elegant mural monument by Rysbrach, to Harriot (Pleydell), wife of William, 1st Earl of Radnor, who died in 1751; a marble monument with recumbent effigies to Sir Henry Pratt bart. who died 6th April, 1647; and to Mary (Adams), his wife: all the bells were rehung and a cracked one recast in 1884, at the sole expense of Jacob, 4th Earl of Radnor: the organ was enlarged in 1902 at a cost of £100: there are 250 sittings.
Church Records
The register dates from the year 1559.
