UK Genealogy Archives logo
DISCLOSURE: This page may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a commission.

All Saints, Great Barford, Bedfordshire


The parish church of All Saints is a handsome structure cheifly in the Perpendicular style (the tower only being ancient), and consists of chancel, nave, aisles and an embattled western tower with pinnacles and a small lead-covered spire, containing 5 bells: in the chancel is a mural monument to Thomas Anscell, his wife, and family, 1591, with figures in high relief: there is a brass with two effigies, and one loose to John Fitzgeffrey, 1535: attached to the chancel is a vault of the Francklin family, and on a marble slab are the names of those deposited therin: the stained east window, erected in 1864, is a memorial to Mr. Arnold, of Great Barford House: the font, of Early English date, is octagonal and supported on four low shafts: the church was repaired and enlarged in 1849 and again enlarged in 1860, and will seat 430 persons.

Church Records

The parish register dates from the year 1564

All Saints
Great Barford

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:St. Albans