St. Andrew, Boxford, Berkshire
The church of St. Andrew is an ancient edifice of stone, consisting of chancel, nave of three bays, north aisle, south porch and a low embattled western tower of flint and brick, rebuilt about 1670 and containing 5 bells and a clock: in the church is a monument of clunch or hard chalk, inclosing a black marble slab inscribed to the Rev. James Anderton, rector here, who died in 1672: the north aisle was built in 1841 by the Rev. John Wells, then rector: the church was restored and reseated, and a new organ was erected in 1909 at a cost of £1,500: there are 270 sittings.
The parish register dates from the year 1558.