St. Helen, Colne, Huntingdonshire
Description
The original church, dedicated to St. Helen, was almost half a mile from the village, and appears to have been erected about the time of Henry III. It consisted of nave with aisles and south porch, and a low tower at the west end containing four bells. It fell down in 1896. The present church of St. Helen, erected in 1900 on a new site, is an edifice of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, aisle, south porch and a low embattled tower at the west end containing 4 bells, and will seat about 200 persons.
Church Records
The parish register dates from the year 1665.
