UK Genealogy Archives logo

St. James, Preston Plucknett, Somerset

Description

The church of St. James is an ancient building of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, transepts, south porch and an embattled western tower containing a clock and 6 bells, erected by subscription in 1897 in commemoration of the Diamond Jubilee of her late Majesty Queen Victoria: in the north transept is a small doorway, probably at one time the entrance to the rood loft; the steps now lead to the pulpit: the church has four stained windows, and sittings for 220 persons.
St. James, Preston Plucknett

Church Records

The register dates from the year 1813. For earlier records see Idmiston.

St. James
Preston Plucknett
Somerset

Denomination:Church of England
Diocese:Bath & Wells
Sittings:220
Graveyard:Yes